Monday, August 30, 2010

Best Awards Show Opening E-V-E-R!

Okay. I admit it. I'm biased. That said, I still think that the opening of last night's 62nd Emmy Awards show was the best. How could I not love it. The cast of Glee, Tina Fey, Betty White, Jane Lynch, all led by Jimmy Fallon in a Gleed version of Born to Run.

Glee and Springsteen. One of my favorite shows meets the music of my all time favorite rock and roller. There was so much to love in those six or so minutes that I can't full describe it here. I don't need to because, if you missed it last night, you can watch it right here, right now.

2 comments:

Hope said...

I saw it on youtube yesterday. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of Glee. Haven't been able to watch an ep yet - its on satellite tv in my neck of the woods and I won't pay that much for tv. Not at current student status anyway.

As for the spoiler bit the other day - don't worry about it. Like Lucy said, "spoilers are in the eye of the beholder." And I am someone who sees spoilers everywhere and just wanted to pre-emtp any discussion.

My problem is I start to imagine all sorts of things that don't happen and change my experience of reading. For example - an assistant at the library many years ago told me that there was a "really nice twist" at the end of John Grisham's The Partner. Knowing how Grisham wrote at the time I anticipated something akin to the denseness in The Pelican Brief. I saw the "twist" coming halfway to the end. I was horribly dissappointed. So I steer clear of spoilers where possible - even if they're not really spoilers.