Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Still Reconstructing

I know, I know. It didn't take this long to reconstruct the South. Then again, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was this blog. I've done a lot of deep thinking about what this blog should be from here on out. Seriously deep thinking, like the kind that can only be done accompanied by a few goblets of excellent wine.

I'm philosophical like that. Not.

Anyway, after ample pondering I decided that thinking outside the box and not reinventing the wheel do not need to be mutually exclusive. Blogging about anything and everything that interests me has served me well in the past, so I'll continue that method of topic selection and run with it.

My goal, always, is to entertain. I won't always be funny. Some days I might be insightful as all get out. Other days? Well, in the game of baseball, even the best hitters only connect a third of the time. If I bore you to pieces one day, please drop by again. The odds are in my favor. (For those of you with razor sharp statistics skills who realize I contradicted my analogy, Shhhh. I'm a writer. I use a different piece of my brain.)

Tonight I leave you with this thought. How on earth did civilizations 1500 years ago look at cacao beans, which sort of resemble small animal droppings, and figure out that they would yield chocolate and be fabulous? I have to believe that natural curiosity zinged through those ancient brains and they investigated and tested everything. There's a lesson in that practice. Question. Investigate. Examine. Ponder. Marvel. You never know where it might lead and how people thousands of years in the future will be glad you did.

1 comment:

Hope said...

Question, investigate, examine... and then get someone else to test your concoction first!